Thursday, September 20, 2012

STYLE INSPIRATIONS: WITH CORY KENNEDY - Get into Fashion Week Spirit with Style Inspirations

STYLE INSPIRATIONS: WITH CORY KENNEDY

Get into Fashion Week Spirit with Style Inspirations
By Eden Herbstman
Fall 2012
(As seen in PMc Magazine, September 2012)    

No stranger to all of Fashion Week’s festivities, model, DJ, and  global “it” girl Cory Kennedy has a style envied by fashionistas all over the world. Whether sitting front row or hanging out behind the turntables at top fashion events and parties, her signature indie fashion look has been a favorite amongst photographers and bloggers for years. PMc caught up with Cory at One Model Management’s office where she modeled her current go-to’s for Fashion Week, let us in on some music obsessions, and describes her evolving personal style. Catch Cory behind the camera this week as Style Mint’s fashion correspondent.

Eden Herbstman: What are some of your favorite songs to listen to when getting dressed for a night out? 
Cory Kennedy: “Gamma Ray” by Beck, Crystal Castles, and a lot of Florence and the Machine–she is amazing. My favorite part about going out is getting dressed up before.

EH: Do any song lyrics come to mind to describe your personal style? 
CK: “Sweet sixteen in her leather boots” from “Sweet Sixteen” by Iggy Pop.When I was sixteen I had cowboy boots and a denim jean skirt, and I would listen to that on my Ipod and felt that song was about me.
EH: How do you think your style has changed over the past few years? 

CK: I’ve started to wear more mature things, and I’m now dealing with heels and pumps.  I’m not going somewhere looking like I rolled out of bed, because I used to do that most times. It used to be about comfort, fun, and experimenting for me, which I still do, but now my style is more feminine. I’m really taking time now on my make-up, hair, and just respecting fashion.

EH: What’s a memorable Fashion Week moment that comes to mind? 
CK: Oh god, there’s so many! This last one in February I had to interview Richard Chai before his show, but everything was running late and I had to attend the BCBG show before that. I sat down and someone that I worked with turned to me and said, “You know you have to be at Richard Chai in four minutes,” so then I had so much anxiety. I was sitting next to my friend Erin Wasson and I was like “Dude, what do I do?” She said, “Do what you got to do, go girl.” The lights at the BCBG show had already dimmed, so I took off my heels and I ran into the show, like everyone had already lined up. Max Azria asked me where I was going and I said I had to go but the clothes looked great!  He was right there ready to send off the first girl and I was like: “Sorry!”

EH: If you could dress up in anyone’s closest, guy or girl, who would it be?
CK: Marc Jacobs. I know he’s got everything in there.



LINKS:
Follow Cory Kennedy on Twitter

Written by Eden Herbstman
Edited by Tyler Malone

Photography by Hadar Pitchon
Design by Jillian Mercado

Captions:
Cory Kennedy at One Model Management’s Office, Hair Stylist by Lena An, Makeup by Natalia Lopez de Quintana, New York City, August 2012, Photography by Hadar Pitchon

No comments:

Post a Comment