Thursday, August 30, 2012

YOU KNOW ME ! : Colin Cowie


COLIN COWIE

July /August 2012
(As seen in PMc Magazine, 2012)    

1: How do we know you?
I am a simple boy from Africa who is blessed with good style and good taste.

2: What is your latest project?
The launch of www.colincowieweddings.com.

3: Where are you living?
I am currently living in the Flatiron District in a fabulous apartment that I designed. The best part of the apartment is my the rooftop that I use for entertaining.

4: What don’t we know about you?
I am a pianist and I once wanted to be a surgeon.

5: What is your favorite travel destination?
The south of France and south of Turkey during the summer.

6: What inspires you?
Everything around me inspires me 24/7. I constantly travel and I am constantly inspired by what I touch, taste, smell, feel, and hear. This is how I design.

7: If not yourself, who would you be?
Myself.

8: What book is your bible?
Rumi.

9: What is your favorite word?
Flawless.

10: Who is your biggest hero?
Nelson Mandela.

11: How would you define success?
Peace of mind and excellent health.

12: What would the last question of this questionnaire be if you were the one asking?
What are you doing later?

Colin Cowie has led an extraordinary life. He arrived in America from South Africa with $400 in the pocket of a good suit and a tan. But it was his smart thinking, personality, and stylish sensibility that led him into the fast-track, glamorous world of planning over-the-top parties for the who’s who of royalty, celebrity, and business. Colin has been at the forefront of event and wedding planning for the past 25 years; he has creating trends and rased the bar for creating the ultimate experience for guests. He is the author of eight best-selling books that are sold around the world, a contributor to the Today Show, a designer for lifestyle products sold on HSN, and now is at the helm of a new digital venture that is revolutionizing the online wedding planning industry, www.colincowieweddings.com.

LINKS:
Colin Cowie Weddings
Facebook Page
Twitter: @colincowie

Questions by PMc Magazine

Edited by Ceara Maria Burns
Photography by Colin Miller
Design by Jillian Mercado
Contact Jillian Mercado if you’re interested in becoming a “Who Am I?”


Caption:
Colin Cowie, 2011, Photography by Colin Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment